Tuesday, 16 August 2016

ISIS Claims Responsibility For Attack on Camp in Atma and 50 Opposition Fighters Die

There are conflicting reports about the identity of the victims of the suicide bombing that targeted an unofficial camp for displaced Syrians in the area of Atma which is on the border with Turkey on Sunday evening. Opposition sources and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that the attack targeted a safe site used by opposition fighters belonging to the Sham Legion to reinforce troops. On the other hand, the Syrian National Coalition of Syrian Revolution and Opposition Forces said that the attack targeted civilians and resulted in more than 40 people dying. The Coalition believes that ISIS is responsible.


Meanwhile, ISIS yesterday claimed responsibility for a suicide bomb attack on a bus in Syria near the Atma border crossing separating Turkey with the north-east of Idlib. In a statement that it posted on the internet, it said that the explosion killed 50 fighters from the Sham Legion and Harakat Nour Al-Din Al-Zenki. The statement, which Reuters reported, said that the fighters were on their way to fight ISIS in northern Aleppo.


Pictures posted on social media showed the remains of the burnt bus and paramedics treating the injured. The Observatory said it had received reports that two Turkish soldiers had been killed in the attack. It was not possible to obtain an immediate comment from Turkish officials.


On his part, the governor of Hatay province Arjan Tobaja said that four people were killed and four injured in the suicide bombing that took place on the Syrian side of the border with Turkey and that they were taken to hospitals in the province. He added that most of the dead and wounded were transferred to hospitals on the Syrian side.



ISIS Claims Responsibility For Attack on Camp in Atma and 50 Opposition Fighters Die

No comments:

Post a Comment